Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I have spent a considerable amount of time researching the prospect of aging.  While I am inherently interested in much of the science that has been published, my friends, colleagues, fellow boomers and prime timers want to laugh and reminisce and be reminded of the times gone by, yet there is some enthusiasm for what is to come.  So for this first post, I wanted to point the way to a few of the sites that I have come to enjoy.

Suddenly Senior is a place for everyone who has become a senior before their time.  The site is replete with trivia, jokes, senior columnists' advice, political rantings, and, close to my heart...tales from the way it was.  There's much to peruse.  Take a look.

At This Old Brain, Mike Kirkeberg writes about boomers rediscovering, repurposing, and reinventing aging.  His posts are relevant to our station in life.  There is much to ponder in these discourses.  Reading Mike is like having a conversation with friends at a high school reunion, the ones that start, "How did we get here?"  I think we can appreciate and be encouraged by his old brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment